Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Never Ending School

Hey,
So, I just wanted to let you know how school was going. I have a major paper to write in every class and absolutely no time to do them. I haven't picked a topic for my Anthropology of Israeli Societies. I was thinking about maybe doing it on the Druze. I dunno. Anybody got any ideas for me? I think I'll post this in the main one also, so I can get more feedback. Umm... I've decided to do a paper on the culture or phenomenon of Palestinian women suicide bombers. What do you think? Umm... I'm having a hard time with my paper topic for Socio-Behaviorism of Terrorism. Apparently, Elliot's suggestion to compare the rate of fear and malaise during successful terrorist attacks didn't fly. He said I couldn't assume that just because there were no successful attacks at malls didn't mean they weren't going out of malaise instead of fear. He changed it instead to an attitudenal study, where I compare attitudes towards things like peace, war, drugs, etc before and after a terrorist attack and see how they change. I'm just no good at that kind of stuff. The thing is, though, that I have to get good. I have only one test from all of my classes, and it's a take home test for my Political Behavior of the Israeli Media. I'm starting to figure that these MA programs are not really trying to teach us anything as much as they're trying to prepare to write papers and publications for the rest of our collective careers. If that's true, then yikes! Anyways, I'm doing pretty good in Hebrew right now. I got a 97 on my last test, so that was good. I have my next test next week, but I think it'll be all right. I think that's all for now. I should actually be using my time to try and find data and stuff. I feel like if I don't start now, there's no way I'll be finished with them by June. OK, that's about it. Until later then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home