Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Conspiracies and soldiers

There is this concept going around on and off the web that everything bad that has happened in the past few month having to do with the "Hitnatkut" is some kind of conspiracy by the Shabak. It got to an absurd point that some one actually posted that the heads of the Demonstration in Kfar Maimon last week, the ones who told people to go home, were also Shabak! Now the latest thing I saw had to do with one of the pictures post Kfar Maimon, that has been floating around the web. It's a picture of Demonstrators and soldiers Praying together. It's a great picture that shows, what I claim to say that we are all on the same team here.

But for some reason that concept is hard to accept by some people. The comment I saw about this picture pointed out that since the soldiers had no weapons on them, and since he KNOWS for a fact! That they are not allowed to take them off, that the picture has to be a fake. So First of all the concept is wrong! I prayed 3 times a day in the army and whenever I could take my weapon off I did so, and had no problem with my soldiers doing the same thing. 2nd of all and more to the point, NONE of the soldiers had weapons there!

I hate to point fingers, but the 2 main comments about it came from the U.S. Now I am not sure why these people have an interest in proving that we are in a civil War in this country (maybe it will make them feel better about living in the States) but the truth is Kfar Maimon proved just the opposite, that when it comes down to it no one wants to fight one another here in Israel. It bothers me that in the start of the 3 weeks (17 of Tamuz was this past week), we have people who are trying to create Sinat Chinam (Hatred for no reason). I guess there are some people who want to see what Sinat Chinam will do to this country, since Tisha Be'Av obviously taught them nothing.

The other thing that has been bothering me lately has to do with this sudden shift in regards to the way people are treating soldiers. This is true about some of the things that have been written on the web, but also by those who stand at different road blocks (kissufim for one) and scream at soldiers. These same soldiers are the people that make sure that I and everyone else living in this country can sleep at night. Last night, when I went to sleep in my warm and cozy bed there were soldiers who were standing out side at road blocks, on patrols, or doing other security related issues. These Soldiers are the same soldiers that are being called all the names and curses by the same people they are protecting. The soldier who is standing at Kissufim or was at Kfar Maimon last week, are the same soldiers that were in Schem, or in the outskirts of Jerusalem a week before that. So then they were the heros in the country, but now they are "without a soul" (direct quote from another blog). We might not agree with what the country has sent them to do, or the way they are being told to do their mission, but I am sure that they are doing it in the way they were taught, and that is with thought and consideration to the Cause - protecting the citizens of the country (that is why they are where they are). But even if one does not approve with what they are doing at the moment, it gives no one the right to call them Nazis or hope that they and their family suffer for the rest of their life!!

Shavua Tov,
-עולה ישן

9 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

What an interesting, and in many ways, heartwrenching post.

The Israeli soliders are the fiber holding the Jewish state together.

May they only be treated with absolute respect and dignity for their continual sacrifices.

Blessings and only peace in Israel.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

One more comment, as to re-read this it is making me upset.

To compare any Jew to a Nazi is unacceptable. To wish bad on another Jew and his/her family is against Halacha and everything that the Torah teaches in my opinion.

You should only know peace and tranquility in Israel.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Oleh Yahshan said...

Thank you Barb,
As usual (in the 2 weeks I have been reading your stuff) I love to hear what you have to say... I only wish others would think like you.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Mitch said...

How horrible and shameful on those who would call your brave soldiers Nazis. Some people want all their freedoms and rights but don't want to pay the bill when it's due. These are the people I tend to poke fun at on my site as you know. They think if they just talk to the terrorists and get them in touch with their feelings it will all be okay and they will call off the jihad, because they are just misunderstood and probably weren't hugged enough as children and blah blah blah. These people need to be brought abruptly back to reality.

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

My sentiments exactly, Jess. That's one of the many reasons I love your blog too.
-OC

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I cannot sleep (See my post) so I might as well keep company with my Israeli friends.

What is breaking my heart these days is how Jews are turning against each other. It is bad enough that most of the world hates us, but to have hatred from a Jew to another Jew and to say such mean spirited things is completely inappropriatae. Is this what we want? To engage in a civil war? It breaks my heart, and eventually, we will end up causing more damage and destruction to ourselves than that done by our neighbors who despise us. It reminds me of a prelude to the destruction of the second Temple, God forbid.

Let this madness stop, and at least let us set an example for the world to see Jews united rather than divided, God willing.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Barb, I feel exactly the same way you do. If you'll see what the husband wrote, you'll notice that he also believes that this Sinat Chinum is aweful and will cause more destruction than anything else. As I've said before, the disengagement will happen. But, what's more important is the morning after. After all the mud slinging and insults and disgusting comments that have been made about our beloved soldiers and police force, what will happen? How will they treat those that have scorned them? How will they be treated? You know what I'm saying?
I hope you're sleeping OK. Is everything OK? How is your family doing? Be well. יהיה בסדר
-OC

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Chai18 said...

not to get off topic or anything but conspiracy theory is a great movie

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

It is a great movie. Very entertaining. But, you know what? It's ONLY a movie. JFK did very well also, even though it's a bunch of b.s. paranoid garbage. Yes, movies about conspiracies do very well. I believe it has to do b/c people love a story where all the fault lies up the line, where the simplest answer can't be the right one. But, they're in the movies, not real life.
-OC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home