Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Thursday, July 21, 2005

No comment! (Updated)

Thank you Normaljew for interviewing me. For all of you who don't know, we're about to play The Interview Game. Fellow blogger, NJ, interviewed me with the following 5 questions. Without further a due:
1) If you had an opportunity to kill a serial killer, would you?
Hmmm... That's a toughy. Being that I study serial killers, know the horrific and indescribable things that they commit against other people, and understand how they work, most people would probably say that I would say yes. If my killing them would stop them from killing, torturing, and/or raping another human being, then, YES, I would kill them. Or, I would severely injure them. That includes even if they were already caught and/or sentenced. (If any of you want any more information, just ask. Very interesting subject.)
2)What is your favorite song? Why?
My favorite song is Metallica's, "Enter Sandman". This is because I absolutely love Metallica. I have every one of their CD's, and this is the song that started it all for me. It's also such an amazing hard rock song. It has passion, soul, raw emotion, it's just awesome. James Hettfield rocks my world. What else can I say?
3)What do you enjoy more, sex or money? explain your answer.
OOh, another toughy NJ. I would have to say that I enjoy both. However, I truly believe that money is the root of all pain and arguing. ("Any one who says that money is the root of evil doesn't fucking have it.") Then again, sex is the root of all human beings. See, this is an answer that I just can't answer fully. It's a catch 22.
4)What is your most favorite animal? Least favorite?
My favorite animal is the dog. Dogs are awesome. They love you unconditionally. They protect you from harm. They do tricks. They're great companions. Can't wait to have a couple of my own soon.
My least favorite animal is the cat. Annoying little f*ers pee on everything. They scratch the hell out of the furniture. They meow and screetch like Satan's minions in the middle of the night. Have you ever heard them when they're having sex?!?
5) Who is smarter in your opinion, men or women? explain your answer.
Women. I don't have to explain my answer. It's true. That's just the way it is.
The next set of questions come from, my new friend, Barbara from California. These are her 5 interview questions:
(1) If you had one wish, what would it be?
My one wish would be to have unlimited wishes. That way I could accomplish whatever one wish couldn't. You can wish for world peace, but what about happiness, poverty, etc.? However, I do subscribe to 2 great proverbs. "Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it." "Some of the greatest wishes are those that are left unfilled."
(2) Do you play a musical instrument? If not, what kind of music do you like?
Unfortunately, I do not play a musical instrument. Though, I have always wanted to play the guitar. I am very eclectic when it comes to what kind of music I like. I like all kinds. My CD collection consists of everything from Mozart to Metallica and Limp Bizkit. I would have to say that Alternative Rock dons my collection more so than others. But, I like just about everything except for Rap. I do have all of Eminem's CD's but for different reasons. Oh yeah, and I don't like jazz or the blues that much. Very boring and convoluted, if you ask me.
(3) Who is your favorite Israeli novelist? (this is actually a subject I know quite a bit about, believe it or not)?
Well, in this subject, I'm sad to say that I am sorely lacking knowledge. I don't have a favorite Israeli novelist, nor do I even know if I've read any books by an Israeli. I tend not to read too many novels. I am more of a non-fiction fan. There a few classics that I own and love, like the "The Count of Monte Cristo". I will have to say that my favorite book by an Israeli is "The Letters of Jonathan Netanyahu". He was not a novelist, nor did he mean for his letters to become published. However, his letters show how much of an amazingly intelligent, insightful, deep, and humble person he was. Truly an amazing role model for us all. If you have not read it, I highly reccomend it.
(4) If you could invite 5 people, living or deceased to a dinner party, who would they be?
Hmmm.... another tough question. I would have to say:
1) Rambam
2) Moshe Rabeinu
3) My grandmother
4) Reb Moshe Finestein
5) John Douglas
(5) What message would you like to give others about yourself as a Jew, and why you live in Israel?
I am just a modern orthodox Jew, trying to live a Jewish life the best way I know how. G-d and His Torah is my guide. In His infinite wisdom, He gave us a brain to use and to question the boudaries that have been set for us. Nothing is static. One of the reasons that I will give for living in Israel is that, as a Jew, I believe that I can make the best contribution to society by helping my Jewish brothers and sisters in the Holy Land. I had 2 choices when I made my career objective. I could either stay in the States and do it there, or I could come to Israel. And, on top of having a job, I'd truly be helping my people. What choice could be clearer? That's only one of many.
Now the rules :( You need to put these in your post)
1) Leave me a comment saying "interview me please."
2)I will respond by asking you five questions ( not the same as above)
3)You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions.
4) You will include ths explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5) When others comment asking to be interviewed you will ask them five questions.

11 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Thanks jersey!!
-OC

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

olah,

Like Normal Jew, you are a good example of an upstanding Jew, with good values and confort others.

Many blessings to you, and may the Jews truly know peace in Israel (my daily wish),
BFC

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Barbara, wow. Thanks so much. So rarely do I get a comment as exemplifying as yours from a first time visitor. I've seen comments that you've made on other posts, so I feel as if I know that you have so much integrity and so much goodness. Saying that, your comments actually mean something, and you're the type of person I would take seriously when you say something. Thank you.
-OC

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Mitch said...

I'm living on Harsens Island...It's across from Algonac on the tip of the St Clair river. I really enjoy your site too.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Jess, I used to live in a suburb right outside Detroit. About half an hour from Windsor. You really live up there, don't ya? I don't think I've ever been to that part of MI. Is it nice?
-OC

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

thoughtful, it's a hard thing to discuss, but there are some people who deserve to die. Serial killers are one of them. If you want to know what they're capable of doing, let me know. Maybe, I can change your mind.
-OC

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Olah,

For some strange reason, I had this vision of you as a male in my head! I admire the way you can argue the issues about Torah and Israel. My son, Aaron, who was just in Israel, is one year younger than you.

Here are your questions:

(1) If you had one wish, what would it be?

(2) Do you play a musical instrument? If not, what kind of music do you like?

(3) Who is your favorite Israeli novelist? (this is actually a subject I know quite a bit about, believe it or not)?

(4) If you could invite 5 people, living or deceased to a dinner party, who would they be?

(5) What message would you like to give others about yourself as a Jew, and why you live in Israel?

Shabbath Shalom to you.

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger Mitch said...

It's like being asked would you kill Hitler. I think everyone's opinoin would be yes and not fast enough. I can't believe my backwards countrymen just had an auction in Montreal selling off art work done by Hitler! I am so ashamed to be Canadian...I need to renounce my citizenship.
By the way it is nice where I live I get to watch the freighters go by because I am 4 doors up from the freighter channel that enters lake St. Clair...the house actually rumbles a little when they go by.

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Hitler is worse than any serial killer. He was a mass murderer. I cannot ever begin to classify him. I read this book called THE EXECUTION OF THE HANGMAN OF RIGA about the Mossad and their covert operation to kill Cukors, another Jew killer.

I am fairly gentle at heart, but some issues are red light ones for me. I was happy when I finished this book on Cukors and saw the inhumane way he was murdered.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Olah,

Great answers, and thank you for participating.

I love the Israeli novelist, Amos Oz. There are many more, but I am rushing now, so I will share more with you later.

Shabbath Shalom and mazel tov on your new marriage!

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Great. I can't wait to hear your suggestions. And, thanks for for the congratulatory. Shabat shalom to you too. Be well.
-OC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home