Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

They are truly a G-d Send

I have to write about this. I saw it on another post, and I would be doing myself a disservice if I didn't comment. I came to Israel on November 28th, 2004. On December 22nd, 2004, I was an Israeli citizen. How did I do it so quickly?!? Why, through Nefesh B'Nefesh!!
Coming to Israel as a tourist and then making Aliyah is a very tricky, complicated, and beaurocratic venture. It's so tricky that through NBN, I made Aliyah on the same day as a good friend of mine who had been doing the process for a number of YEARS. I was very lucky. Because, this past winter was NBN's first winter flight (For all of you that don't know, NBN is an organization that charters flights and acts as a conduate for all other organizations to help people and families make Aliyah, and as easy as possible at that. They also have several different departments and experts that help you during every every process, every need, and every question and concern that you might have. They also help out, finanically. I could go on and on. For more information, visit NBN's website.). In celebration of their first winter flight, they had a special going on for tourists living in Israel, who wished to make Aliyah as if they were coming through America. It was called, "Instant Aliyah". Meaning, they processed you as if you were coming through the US. They took out all the beaurocratic obstacles and just made it so easy. I came in, the next day my husband (then fiance) dropped off my paper-work at the NBN offices in Har Nof. Two weaks later, I was told that I had been processed and have to come down and sign some papers with Misrad HaPanim (Ministry of Interior) officials. A lot of people were there when I got there. The actual signing process took less than a half an hour. (In the end, there were hundreds who took part in this historic offering.) They had refreshments and comfortable chairs to sit in, which if I had done it all my own, that never would have happened. A weak after this, I had my Teudat Zehut (Isreali Identity Card) in my hands.
Today, about 7 hours ago, (if it landed on time) more than 500 Olim (immigrants) arrived at Ben Gurion. The amount was so big that this year, they flew a plane out of Canada and New York to bring them all here and were supposed to arrive at the same time. (Usually, the North American Olim all leave from New York.) This will be the most North American Olim arriving on the same day, in all of Israel's glorious history.
It's just amazing. I truly believe that w/o NBN, most of these people would not or be a lot more hesitant or afraid to be making Aliyah today. This organization has just made it so much easier to make Aliyah. Never has one Aliyah organization done and helped so much as this one does. They coordinate b/t organizations, so you only have to deal with them. No more hopping, jumping, and waiting in countless different lines for hours in order to make Aliyah a possibility for you and/or your family. W/o this organization, I probably would not have made Aliyah when I did. They are so warm, helpful, and caring. They're just awesome people. Their help is priceless.
If you or some-one or family you know is thinking about, considering, and want to make Aliyah and don't know where to go, I urge you to go to NBN's website and/or give them a call. Get the information. They provide support groups; just everything and anything you need. They have made coming home as easy as it can possibly be.
COME HOME!!! WE'RE WAITING!!! THE DOOR IS OPEN!!!
All you have to do is walk through it.
WELCOME HOME TO ALL OF TODAY'S AND THIS SUMMER'S OLIM!!! YOU'VE MADE IT!!! YOU'RE HOME!!!
ברוכים הבאים
-OC

1 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Reminds me of the story that Nefesh B'Nefesh decided it was too difficult to offer the Israeli Ministry of Interior service (Misrad Hapnim) on the airplane of getting all your paperwork worked out ahead of landing, AND the service of getting thousands of dollars in financial aid -- so they now give you a choice of ONE of these services.

Everyone chose the latter :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home