Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Zero Hour...

Well, another Tisha B'Av has passed. I hope everyone had an easy fast. For those of us living in Israel, this fast has been especially potent. Most of us cried many tears of sadness over the past 26 some odd hours b/c of the Churban of the past and the Churban that is pressing upon us. Tonight, at midnight, another fairy tale is over. When the clock strikes 12:00, the ball will come to and end, Cinderella will turn back into a maid, and her coach will turn back into a pumpkin. At midnight tonight, the Disengagement officially begins. It will be illegal for anybody to remain in the Gaza and Northern Shomron, and once you're out, you're not coming back in. After all the protesting, arguing, screaming, and crying, Zero Hour is upon us. I have no idea what the next few weeks will bring. Surely, it will be an extremely tough time for us all, as Jews and as Israelis.

What I would like to take away from here and from Tisha B'Av is that there is a silver lining. Even when the Beit Hamikdash was destroyed, for the second time, we, as Jews, we, as a nation, continued to exist. We continued and continue to perservere. Thousands of years after the Romans became a thing of the past and became confined to being taught in the class-room, the Jews are not history. We're no myth. We're no legend. We are still here. We have survived. We have lived on. WE have not gone quietly into the night, while all other ancient tribes and nations became extinct. And, no matter what, we will continue to live on. We're going to survive this too. We will perservere, and we will win. B/c we are the strongest nation this world has ever seen. We have been kicked on, stepped on, burned, starved, beaten, tortured, gassed, etc, but we have lived on and become all the more stronger for it. We will become stronger after this. Our resolve will continue to strengthen and grow, and WE WILL WIN!!

Peace!
-OC

10 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Amen.

All my good thoughts and prayers are with those in Israel today and tomorrow.

Throught the day today, I have been thinking about the lamentation, "If I forget thee Jerusalem...."

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger yochanan said...

I will not forget Jerusalem

I will defend her with my heart, my soul and my blood if need be.

Jerusalem belongs to all jews not just Israeli.

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger yochanan said...

the people on barbars blog are so far to the left that they think I am a fascist. In fact I am a Libertarian which is something else again. One of the main things I want gov't to do is to defend its civilians. I am not so much in favor of a lot of things gov't want to do. I am 100% infavor of the 'wall' that israel is building as it has kept the racist terrorist out to some degree. The liberals that barbara likes so much call for its removal since they don't seem to care if jews are murdered. Currently the liberal churchs are starting to boycot Israel even though Sharon has decided to leave Gaza you will notice that liberal jews have said next to nothing on this.

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger fudge said...

over here in america, we still have three and a half hours to go (; and i wanted to thank you for the things you've wrote. i noticed when we were reading aychuh, there's that ocheil part-- no matter what, I will still hope. i like what you've taken away... my father says sometimes, you just need to cry, but crying makes me feel useless if i haven't even tried to make the situation better.

i know that it is hard to do long distance. but i guess if we daven and we pray, and you know that we're all one family and one people, and that we love and think of you everyday, that might be the best start we can make.

anyway. thanks for the blog. peace out for sure.

-perel

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger yochanan said...

Before you were born my wife and I lived in Kirat Sanz our stay in Israel made us understand we were Americans but I do have some fond memories of Jerusalem. The current problems with Iran worry me a lot more than the pali dogs. If need be we could take over gaza in a few hours. But if Iran gets its nuke that is a totally different matter. Most of my wifes family were butchered in Romania and Poland during the war.
I am getting worried about what Iran has in mind. I think they are quite willing to commit national suicide and send a nuke in Israel direction. Hopefully President Bush and Prime Minister Sharon act on this. We are told we can not rely on miracles alone, We are to act and then god will help.

 
At 4:15 AM, Blogger yochanan said...

Barbara censors anything that does not fit her view point. I put up links to leftist anti-semitism and David Dukes support for the woman protesting President Bush. The woman in question has taken very anti-semitic positions. Something you would not know if all you saw was the M.S.M.

I have given up posting on barbaras site in truth she is very closed minded. The contradiction is she claims to support Israel but does not mind to be in the company of those who hate Israel.

you might enjoy this blog
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/

They are very pro Israel

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Thanks, Yoch. I appreciate a lot or what you wrote. And, you know, we took out Saddam's nuke facility back in the '80s. We can do it again, if necessary. Don't worry.

To every-one else, thank you for all your kind words and your well wishes. The Jewish people can only get through this together. Yes, Jerusalem belongs to us all. It's up to us ALL to protect and defend it. Bless y'all. Thanks for your prayers. We hear them.
-OC

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Mitch said...

I pray with you are I worry for you. It is very disturbing to see Israel giving up one inch of land. I think the politicians are kidding themselves if they think this will appease Palistine. I believe it is revealing a weakness that they will try to exploit.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

That's exactly the point, Jess. We don't care that the rest of the world believes that this will bring "peace". We know that it won't. We know that this puts us in a better position to combat terror and terrorists. This has nothing to do with peace and everything to do with gaining back military control. It may be a weakness to concede a victory, and as much as it kills me, that's what this is. This isn't a victory for terrorists. They already won this round. But, only this round. There are plenty more to be fought. After this, we'll have gotten back to full strength and come out swinging better than before. Let them try to exploit us. We've got it covered.
-OC

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger bec said...

great post!!!
my heart and soul are over in israel, but i'm still only in the US. you're right, we are jews, we are fated for survival. but i'm still hoping for a miracle ....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home