Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Friday, December 02, 2005

"The Tree Huggers, I think!"

I don't if the rest of you have seen the show, and if you haven't, you need to get your asses up and go see it, but I've become a big fan of "American Dad". For those of you who don't know, it's an animated show about a dad who's a CIA agent and a huge paranoid conservative freak. He has a peacenik for a daughter, and an alien lives in their house. It's one of the funniest shows out there. The way it makes fun of just about everything is great, and what's more is that they do it in a very sophisticated way (ala The Simpsons) that doesn't cheapen the humor. So, tonight, they had a show where Stan (the dad/CIA agent) find out his son, Steve, has to take sex education in school. I want to post some of the quotes from the episode, because they were so freaking hilarious. Back up to the opening credits. At the end of the song the dad sings, he goes outside in his underwear and picks up the newspaper on his porch. There's almost always a different headline on it. This week's one was:
"Isreal to pull out of Gaza. Gaza not pregnant."
So, first the episode starts with Stan trying to get Steve out of sex ed class, and then leads to a whole part about masturbation and trying to rid TV of filth. So, here's the part where Steve comes to his parents to have them sign a permission slip for sex ed class. (I don't know why they need to sign this since later the principal tells his parents that it's mandatory for him to take it, and he can't graduate without it. So, why does he need permission?!?) Ok, the quotes:
Steve: Hey, dad, I need you to sign this permission slip. They're teaching sex education at school.
Stan: Hmm. Could you give us a moment, Steve? (Pulls lever, Steve falls through trap door)
Francine: What was that for?
Stan: He's only 14. I don't want some unionized pervert teaching my son about nature's filthy secret.
Francine: But, honey, Steve is at that age. And they're just trying to give him a little knowledge.
Stan: "They"? Who's "they"? The smut-peddling flag burners, or the God-killing tree huggers?
Steve: Tree huggers, I think!
Stan: Well, it's clear what must be done. We have to burn the school to the ground.
Francine: Stan!
Stan: Fine, fine, we'll talk to the principal.
(Francine leaves)
Stan: (Takes out his lighter) Soon, my pet. Soon, I will feed you the world.

I was laughing for most of the show just from that part! A little bit later:
Steve: Dad! There you are.
Stan: Of course I'm here. W-Where would I be? Alone, touching myself?
Steve: Yeah, right. Only perverts and Democrats do that.

There were so many other funny parts, but I won't post them all. You should just watch the show. For those of you out there that have seen the show, please feel free to post your favorite quotes.

Shabbat Shalom.
-OC

5 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Eitan Ha'ahzari said...

Olah/Oleh,
As we only have channels 1 & 2 I don't think I can access this show but thanks in any case for sharing this amusing episode with the readers.

BTW: what does the whole sex-ed thing have to do with the disengagement???

Please explain, be'tkva, Eitan.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Hey Eitan, well, Israel is moving up in the world in terms of cable and satellite. This show just started this year, and we're getting the episodes as America is, which is great. I suggest switchiing. This episode was from Septemeber 29th. The quotes reads: "Israel pulls out of Gaza, Gaza not pregnant". The question to ask is what DOESN'T it have to do with sex ed?!? It's hilarious.
-OC

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Eitan - I'll explain it to you off-line...this is a family blog

;-)

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Eitan Ha'ahzari said...

Jameel, i'll have to email u in the near future to get all the pertinent info:)

OC: I'm sorry I wasted one of the topics I suggested(the Indi Colts)

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Jerusalemcop said...

when and on what channel is the show on here in israel?

Ive been enjoying reading your posts. Since u read the freepress, I assume to too are from Detroit.

J.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home