Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Aftermath of Amona

For the first time in a while I have actually shifted my opinion about a political issue going on in the country. But Amona has managed to do it to me, well the outcome of it. No, I am not talking about the violence (on either side) I think it was all wrong (no one was right that day), and it was all avoidable.

I think that one of the best things that came out of this whole episode in Jew on Jew violence (part one of...) is the new discussion going on now about the Arab construction in Israel. It started yesterday when the MK's from Ichud Leumi (the same ones who were at Amona) went down to the negev to have a look at the illegal housing projects that are taking over the Negev. There are literally hundreds of them, many with court orders to be torn down. Besides the usual violence from our peaceful Arab "brothers" who wouldn't hurt a fly (and behead all who say Islam is violent), the best excuse came from the country. In response to the question why haven't the court orders been followed - the police had a great answer: there is not enough force!!!

Growing up in the Galil I know what illegal construction looks like, every time I would leave my home and drive past/through the Arab villages I would see a new house where olive trees used to grow, an extra floor to a 3-4 story private home ETC. needless to say they did not go and get a permit for any of these.

But now it looks like the Arab loving left (shalom Achshav - who started this whole thing) shot themselves in the foot. How can you defend the same exact thing you are fighting against (I am sure they will, I just want to know what Crazy Idea they will come up with).

All I can say is that I hope that this will get the ball rolling and give the Israeli Arabs something they have wanted from us for years - equal rights.

2 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Shkoyech!

:-)

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Like the husband's better than mine, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home