Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Monday, February 20, 2006

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Today, my parents have been married 31 years. It's kind of weird to say it, because it seems like it's been a long time, but my parents aren't really that old. They have three married children, two still at home. They also already have 4 grand-children. As some-one who's been married for almost a year, 31 of them seems like a life-time and like a passing moment. I feel as if I just got married yesterday, yet it's been almost a year. How do you think my parents feel?!? Anyways, none of the married kids live in the same state as each-other or as my parents. Of course, one of them lives thousands of miles away. So, what we doing for my parents' 31st anniversary. Well, nothing, and I'm terribly sorry for that. I'm sorry that we can't all be in the same place at the same time to celebrate this kind of landmark. But, my parents insist that they don't mind, and I believe them. Their presents are that we are all happy and successful, which is a refelection of their parenting. I am looking forward to my parents making Aliyah in the next few years, so that they can be close to me. I'm hoping that that will my other siblings in a position where they'll want to move here also. Two of my younger siblings plan on moving here with my parents.

In any case, I love you Dadoo and Mutti!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

2 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Eitan Ha'ahzari said...

OC: belated congrats to your folks back home. It was so thoughtful of you to print this post. I'd never have thought of posting something about my parents. I guess I'm too selfish and must work on changing that.

Be'tikva, Eitan.

p.s. How are your Hebrew studies going?

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

I don't think you're too selfish at all! My parents don't ever read my blog, but I thought I would post their 31st anniversary anyway since I'm a newly wed and in many ways, so are they. Does that make any sense?

I've quite Ulpan and will attempt to take the p'tur exam after studying by myself. We'll see if this gamble pays off. How about you?
-OC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home