Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Thursday, February 23, 2006

There was traffic

Hey, this will be short. The husband and I did a little travelling today and are now up north at the in-laws. I'm really tired, so I don't have the strength to write a lot. Basically, what I wanted to say is a huge thank you to all of you who have given such great feed-back and advice on my personal struggles with weight. Because of it, I'm going to do a weekly post about my weight progress, and I encourage all of you to join in. Obesity is becoming an epidemic, and has now moved ahead of smoking as the leading cause of preventable death among Americans. While I am also Israeli, I am still American. I refuse to become another statistic. I see that there are those of you out there who are just like me. With these weekly posts, I'm opening up the forum to suggestions, comments, personal stories, triumphs, struggles, etc. I think this would be a great way to lose weight. Support is key! I hope you guys will join me in the fight to lose weight and get healthy!!

As a way to sustain encouragement and encourage feed-back, each weekly post will be stickied to the top of the blog for that week. So, tomorrow will be the first and will stay up until I write my next one next Friday.

4 Comments:

At 2:39 AM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

When you start OverBloggers Anonymous, PLEASE let me know!

Shabbat Shalom!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Avi said...

But, OC, you're beautiful just the way you are. :-)

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Menachem said...

2 things on your new blog look.

1) I, and i'm sure there are other people, are not clicking on the "click here to read more." just put the whole post on the front page.

2) It's not so great that it's so wide. It makes it harder to read quickly

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

am, thanks for the compliment, but I don't feel that way right now.

Men, I write long stuff, and I know that most people don't like to see it all on one page. I've gotten many compliments that the Click Here button makes it easier. They can skim or they can read the whole thing, but it's not all staring them in the face. Secondly, I'm sorry that you don't like the wide look. I've also gotten a lot of positive feedback on it, but we'll see how it goes. But, thanks for the input. It's always appreciated.
-OC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home