Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Losing Weight, Wk 7

Well, I'm going to stop stickying the weight loss posts at the top of the page. It's preventing the during the week articles from getting noticed. Anyways, this week's update will be pretty short. I went to the doctor this morning to set up a physical. Well, he mentioned that he did a comprehensive blood screening for me less than 6 months ago, and he said that everything was fine. My tryglicerides are fine, TLH levels are fine, blood sugar level is good, and everything else is functioning normally. So, I asked him what the problem could be. Why wasn't I losing any weight after working out and eating right for 6 weeks. He said that my metabolism, most likely, has slowed down a bit, and I need to keep away from the starches. Yeah, tell me something I haven't heard before. I know I have a carb problem. I've switched from regular bread to whole grains, and I only eat multi-grain cereal. But, I know I have to keep watching my pita intake. However, I do have some very good news. Turns out my scale is a little off. What can I do? We only paid 20 shekel for it. It's not like it's the most scientific piece of equipment we could have bought. So, the dr had me get on the more expensive doctor office scale. Turns out I HAVE ACTUALLY LOST WEIGHT!! I've lost slightly over 4 pounds!! I'm very excited about this. I think and I feel like I've finally broken through the initial barrier. I feel rejuvinated, and I finally feel as though I've got some momentum at pushing the rock up-hill.

3 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Thanks, yeah. I just needed that kind of reinforcement, ya know? Over the past few days, I've really felt that I've been starting to get over that initial hump, and now with the dr's confirmation, I really feel like I'm about to make to the other side where things really start happening.
-OC

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Moses said...

Censorship? I don't know anyone who would for long put up with someone else dumping screens and screens of cut-and-paste articles on their blog.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

abu shaar, I appreciate you coming on my blog. I really do. I hope you come to visit often. However, if you have a problem with another blogger, please take it up with them, on their blog. Please don't bring it here. If you have a comment pertaining to a post here, or another commenter's response to a given post, by all means comment and comment away. But, again, I don't appreciate people bringing their gripes with other people here. Please take it elsewhere. Thank you.
-OC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home