Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Sunday, April 23, 2006

We Want Mashiach...

There was an article in the Musaf of Maariv over the weekend about the Satmer Wars going on in NY right now over the next Satmer Rebbe.

In a conversation I was having with my wife over it, (interesting in and of itself - like the fact that they don't learn Daf Yomi - To zionist) we came to the topic of Mashiach, and what would they do when he comes and tells them all to move to Eretz Yisrael ETC. It would be no surprise that they would most likely not follow him here, and call him a Zionist traitor or something like that.

But what about the Other Jews living in the Great U.S. of A.?? And as we brought it up, it came to me. I can picture it now, The Mashiach comes and calls for All to Move to Eretz Yisrael, and when he sees that no one is really going he would go and check up on the Jews of.. oh let's just say Teaneck.

Instead of running to make Aliyah - I can already see them turning to Mashiach and telling him:
"well I don't know, My kids are still in School.... I just put a down payment on my new house..." and of course Mashiach will Explain - "it's Mashiach Time - the time you have been praying for 3 times a day for years" only to hear in response: "well... this isn't a good time... maybe next year... I will come and visit on the holidays..."

So from now on we should stop singing “We want mashiac Now”, instead - "we Want mashiach - when my kid graduates" or some such tone.

6 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Oleh Yashan: If, in the times of Ezra and Nechemia, when the Beit HaMikdash was rebuilt, the vast majority of "frum, Torah-true Jewry" stayed in Bavel...why should we have any different expectations nowadays whem Mashiach comes tomorrow, and she's wearing pants and not wearing a sheitel?

;-)

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are neighbours... I also live in French Hill... let's meet for coffee one day?

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Jameel, are you saying I'm Mashiach?!? That's flattering, but I don't think so.
-OC

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

OC: Now how was that for a backhanded compliment? (But it was more for OY for marrying you ;-)

You caught on way too quickly...

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Soccer Dad said...

20+ years ago Prof Glick (I think of BGU) wrote an article in the Jewish Observer about the failure of the frum world to make Aliyah. One of the letters was a riot. It was to the effect of "When Mashiach comes we'll be able to show him the best Shmorgasboards etc...." Your post reminded me of that. And that I'm still in Galus.

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

I'm glad...
-OC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home