Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

חג עצמאות שמח

and in English, Happy Chag Atzmaut.

As I am sure that most people have their treditions, ours is watching the Main ceremony from Har Herzel. It's still fun to see the parade and that shapes that the soldiers make, and it's still nice to see those who are lighting the torches (Masua) - and know that there are still Flamming Zionists who still care about this country and help make it better every day.
This years Theme was Galil and Negev - 2 areas I love the most about the country.

Tomorow our Yeshuv will have a party for everyone, and in the afternoon we will have our BBQ. Meat will be burnt by the Kilo, Beer will be drunk by the Liter - and all will be happy.

so go out, have fun, and celebrate another year for our great country, with all it's problems and flaws. And even if you are not in Israel (yet), there is no reason why you can't celebrate it as well.

So once again,
Chag Sameach to all.

7 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy,Happy Yom Haatzmaut!!!
And we are going to celebrate it for sure,
We have also here in Frankfurt (Germany) a big ,big celebration!!!
And me and my family are going to be there.

Kisses,

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Chag Sameach! I hope you're having a wonderful time! We'll be having a little celebration here (in Brooklyn) as well! : )

And to many more...

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Eitan Ha'ahzari said...

We spent it in Ramat Gan listening to some quality Mizrahi performers as well as Mookie. I didn't like it at first but then got into it so much that I began dancing while standing on a chair...good thing it didn't fall. My wife kept knudging me but I couldn't hear her. Later she told me some kids behind us were making fun of me:)~

Hope you had fun!!!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Who cares, Greg? You had fun and got into the holiday spirit, and that's all that matters! Glad you had fun.
-OC

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger Lady-Light said...

May I ask in which Yishuv you live? My 19 year old daughter is currently in the Rothberg Int. School at Heb. U. on Har HaTzofim.
I would love for her to meet an observant Olah Hadasha who is close to her age.
If you are interested, let me know by emailing me from my blog.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

lady-light, we actually live in the French Hill, and both my husband and I go to Hebrew U. I am in Rothberg. I would love to meet your daughter. I tried to find your email address through your blog but couldn't find it. If you want, you can e-mail us through the blog by clicking on either one of our profiles. I hope to hear from you soon.
-OC

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Lady-Light said...

Hi, I just sent you an email, as well as sent my daughter one to let her know you will try to contact her.
I keep my email off my blog to avoid spam and unnecessary mail clogging up my inbox.
How long have you lived in Israel?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home