Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Interesting insights from Interesting places

reading my usual non-j-Blogs and seeing what they have to say about Israel (mostly Palestinian and their supporters), I was Shocked to see this post by Saba from Bahrain and Beyond about the New Hamas "police/security/something or rather force" trying to take control in the Gaza Streets.

But what really got me was this comment from The moody Mistrel (from Japan):

    Okay, let's see...

    An extremist group is elected into office by democratic vote, chosen by a disaffected population that sees it as heroes who will finally save the troubled nation. The group then establishes a "popular militia", saying that it is there to "keep order" and "ensure justice". However, in reality the militia ends up doing the group's dirty work, eliminating rivals, suppressing dissent, and oppressing those that do not share their moral, political, or religious beliefs.

    Wait a minute...I'm getting confused. Was I talking about the Palestinian territories in the 2000s or Germany in the 1930s?

Nothing much else to say after that.

4 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

It's not so much a matter of shocked as relieved, at least for me. There are a lot of pro-Palestinian and even Palestinian bloggers who are so keen on blaming Israel for everything that they're even blaming what's now going on in the Strip on Israel. You are actually one of the first bloggers to actually stand up and call a spade a spade as it applies to what HAMAS is doing right now. I applaud your efforts. Not everyone is willing to do what you've done.
-OC

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Saba, thank you for your honesty. Although, I must say that I nor my husband has ever publically or even privately considered or thought of Palestinians as "rats" or "objects". I really don't know where you would get that impression.
-OC

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Eitan Ha'ahzari said...

I, too, applaud Saba whom I've personally attacked in the past and am now sorry.

Greg.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Greg, thank you too for your honesty. It's always appreciated. I hold it in the highest regard.
-OC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home