Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Trouble from Home

Kadima’s new coalition, is already dealing with 2 interesting problems from home. The first one comes from several labour MKs including former reporter, Cheli Yachimovitz, who said they will not attend the vote on Wednesday to pass the Budget on it’s first of three votes. As if that is not enough, Gil (retirees) MK, Moshe Sharoni, stated today that “any town that a Kassam rocket is fired out of should be sprayed and erased.” Needless to say that his coalition partners were not pleased at this remark.

It seems that this coalition is going to supply us with many interesting moments.

4 Comments:

At 5:32 AM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

I've heard some political analyst state that Olmert and his team made more mistakes in the few weeks they were in power than Barak during his entire time in office. (The analyst wasn't very fond of Barak, as you can imagine). I don't know whether it's true or not, but from the recent developments, the situation sounds pretty nasty. The question is, if they fall, who's going to replace them?

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Oleh Yahshan said...

irina,
I don't know that what this person said is true or not. Although nothing would suprise me.

as for the If questions - we should leave them for some other time.. I don't see the Govt. falling in the next 6-8 months (grace period). and the real issues will start when they try to do his Hitkansut PLan

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

irina, I've been asking the same questions as you. For instance, if and when this government falls apart, Kadima will almost for sure dissintegrate as well. Where will those votes go? Will those politicians go back to Likud? Will they be welcomed back? My only concern is whether Labor will win. I doubt it, but it could be a possibility. We just have to to wait an see.
-OC

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Eitan Ha'ahzari said...

I don't think the Kadima govt. will fall any time soon though I'm convinced following the next elections Olmert will not be the P.M. any longer.

Good for the Gil govt. member. I appaude his statement!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home