Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Friday, June 30, 2006

and now for something completely different...

In a change of direction, I decided to write stuff that are off the political direction. I am sure it won't last to long... actually I know it won't cause I am looking at the news and getting pissed about it... but we will leave that for another post.

Yesterday was a very important Day. My Wife and I managed to survive an entire year of Marriage without killing each other. Yup yesterday was our one year anniversary. On the one hand I will say it went by REALLY fast. I mean it can't be a year already, It still seems like yesterday.. but ya it's a year, and not just are we still married, we even still love each other - we are beating the odds every day.

So how is it now that I married for an entire year?? well for one I can't complain, actually no I can, but I am not going to. All in all life is good.

On another note, my best friend, who is currently living in Chicago is here to visit for 2 weeks. I havn't seen him since his wedding 2 and a half years ago, and have never seen his 5 month old kid. It is always fun meeting friends you haven't seen in a while.. so we got the"when are you coming back to Israel" part of the conversation out of the way (They claim they are... just as soon as he is done with school - we shall see). More importantly as my friend noted - our wives seem to get along - always a good thing (not surprising at all though)... So as we took a night stroll in the places we have done many times in the past - we started to realize how old we are getting. the last time we walked here like that - I was still in the army and he had just gotten out, he was heading to the U.S. "for a year or so" and life was all in all simple. Ya the times they are a changing - but for the better I will admit - not simpler but better.

So, how does one get his best friend and wife and kid to move back to Israel?? He is getting his B.a in Chicago, and wants to finish his degree before he returns here. But how do we make sure that when the time comes it wont' be to late?? How long is to long in these terms?? the kid, jobs, ETC. This is an open ended question that I will try to resolve - the good news is they want to come here - now I have to help them actually do it.

3 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Happy Anniversary!

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Happy Anniversary!!

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home