Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Galilee in Pictures

It's occurred to me that there are many of you reading the news updates, watching the news at home, and have no perspective of where these rockets are falling. Many of you, either, have never been to Israel, or have never been to the north. So, I decided to post some pictures that I've taken from and around my family's home near Carmiel. Carmiel is a city that has been hit dozens of times so far by Katyushas. Let me first start out by saying that I believe the Galilee, followed a close second by the Golan, is the most beautiful place on earth. I don't care how much you try to argue with me, I won't change my mind. This is my vision of Paradise. It's exquisitely beautifully, painfully serene, and very quiet. Well... it was very quiet up until a week ago. Your view from the backyard is absolutely amazing. In Israel, people go up north for some rest and relaxation. For those living up north, you just go into your backyard and sit down. Vacation's already prepared for you. The husband and I are hoping to move up north after our schooling's finished. I've done the suburbs. I've done the city. I'm a country girl at heart, and there is no place that I would ever want to live then some-where in Northern Israel, where it's the Galilee, Carmel, or Golan. Heaven is just a few hundred kilometers away.

This is a picture from the beach where the husband and I got married. You can see the fishermen on the rock. We got married in this village called Achziv, which is just north of Nahariya. The actualy place is a Tzimmer (meaning a cottage resort), and the entire wedding was outside. Absolutely beautiful.

This is a different view of the Galilee from my family's settlement up north. On a clear day, you can see all the to the Golan from that side.

This is a picture from Rosh Ha'Nikra, which is right on the border with Lebanon.

Do any you have views like this from your backyard??? The second on is a pristine view of the Med from the house. You can see Haifa in the distance.


These two pictures show what it looks like when several settlements come together to celebrate Hakafot. Yeah, that's what partying looks like in Israel. Unlike you guys in the States who have to suffer through the extra holiday day. This is unity and the ultimate celebration of G-d's name and Torah.


This is a picture of the Mediterranean Sea at sunset

That's Carmiel you're looking at. As seen from my family's backyard


Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Absolutely gorgeous. When I was visiting Israel recently, I didn't get a chance to see all these places... So that's more stuff to add to my ever-growing list of things To See The Next Time I'm In Israel.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Hey, if you want a place to stay that really defines what the Galil is all about, you're more than welcome to stay in Eshchar, the name of the settlement my family lives in. Just let us know.
-OC

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger Menachem said...

you took pictures on chag? unless these are hakafot shniyot, in which case your "suffering through the second day" statement didn't really make sense

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Um...Duh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home