Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Friday, July 28, 2006

Up North

Well, my and the husband's travellings are complete. We are now up north at our family's Yishuv near Carmiel, Eshchar. With all family members in the states or having been called up to emergency reserve duty or in the active units, the husband and I decided that some-one needs to take care of a very sick dog. That job fell on us. He's old, will not survive a kennel and would not survive a trip down to Jerusalem. So, we are here in the war zone trying to make the dog's last days comfortable for him. He's earned that much.

It's funny. The first sirens went off at aroun 7:30 this morning, and I slept right through it. Well, we didn't get here until 2:00 AM, and I was absolutely exhausted, but still, I figured I would jump out of bed when I heard the sirens. I mean, I had never heard them before. But, no, nothing. We've heard the sirens quite a few times since then, and the windows and doors shakes when a Katyusha falls even in Naharayia or Tzfat. That's how loud they are. We've been hearing them land all day. We've also been hearing our artillery going the other way. All in all, it's been very interesting. I'm glad I'm up here to see things for myself. I think it'll make me feel better about everything going on.

News updates will be sparce today, but we'll try out best. Stay safe!!

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home