Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Worn Out...

Hey all, as many of you have most likely noticed by now, the husband and I haven't been posting news updates as frequently as we did last week. There are several reasons for this, and I believe we out to you to explain what's happening. First of all, thank G-d, the IDF is kicking some Hezbollah butt, and things are digressing from what they were 6 days ago. I didn't think that was true until I took a look at how often things were happening on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and even Sunday. The IDF is doing its job, and no news is good news. While rockets continue to fall in places they never flew before, we are taking out the bad guys. Second of all, the husband and I are trying not to be glued to the news 24 hours a day. We're seeing the effect that it's having on both of us, physically and emotionally. I have not been feeling well the past few days, and no doubt that it is the stress from all of this. Thirdly, we're just simply worn out. From constantly talking to our family in the north, who are sticking things out because they have a very old dog that would not survive the trip down to Jerusalem, to my father-in-law who was called up to the reserves last Thursday, to my family in the States calling every hour for updates since the news in the states is so crappy. It's wearing on both the husband and I. I've noticed my mood is very surly and blah, and so is the husband's. We have no set schedule right now. Because of everything that we're doing, on top of school and work, neither of us ate dinner until after midnight. I haven't been able to fall asleep until 4:00 AM the past week, and even then, my rest is very fitful and filled with nightmares. This is the first real big crisis I've experienced since moving to Israel in 2004, and I'm not 100% sure how to handle myself. I don't know. Maybe, there's some crisis how-to hand-book out there that some-one can lend to me.

So, anyways, what I'm trying to say is that we will continue to, as dilligently as possible, update the news here for you. It won't be like it was last week. It will most likely be updates once every hour or so as a recap, unless something intense happens in which case we'll let you know immediately. I think that you guys need to hear the real story of what's going on here; not the filtered biased crap that you're getting from the international press. We will continue to do our service to ensure that you're as educated as possible. But, we're just letting you know where we're at with our emotional states. We're wearing thin. We're wearing thin.

4 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Thank you and Amen.
-OC

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Chai18 said...

גם זה יעבור

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

It must be really difficult. Thanks so much for the continued updates - but do take a break if you feel it's becoming too much. Keeping you guys in my thoughts...

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Thank you irina. That means a lot.
-OC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home