Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I'M IT!!!

I haven't participated in a meme in a very long time, but Aliyah06 asked me so nicely and, apparently, is an avid reader of The Hill. How could I refuse? This is a book meme, and since I'm a huge book worm, I think this will be fun for me.
1. Name one book that changed your life:
Hmmm... That's a tough one. Two books actually changed my life since they pertained to 2 different parts of it.
John Douglas' Mind Hunter solidified my decision to become a Forensic Psychologist.
The Letters of Jonathan Netanyahu changed the entire way I look at Israel and Zionism. I read it right before I finally decided to make Aliyah and not wait until later on in my life.

2. One book you've read more than once:
One of the books that I've read more than once, I won't repeat here because it's embarrassing. But, I've read The Letters Of Jonathan Netanyahu more than once.

3. One book you'd want on a desert island:

Hmmmm... I'd have to say a Tanach with commentary. I am sad to say that my learning is lacking at the moment, but I always have, either, my pocket Tanach or Tehellim on me, so I'd want one of those simply because I always have them in case I ever need them.

4. One book that made you laugh:

Do comic books count? My thing is that I'm not a huge fiction fan. I really love non-fiction books, and most, if not all, of them are very serious. I have books on rapists, serial killers, terrorism, World War II, etc. So, the only books that I have that make me laugh are comic books.

5. One book that made you cry:

There are 2 books that made me bawl my eyes out. Even-though James Patterson is well known for his spy novels, he also writes "gentler" books. Susanne's Diary For Nicholas made me cry over a book like I never had before. I think I cried through 3/4 of the book. It was filled with raw emotion. It was amazing. The other book that really made me cry was Nicholas Sparks' The Notebook. My grand-mother died of Parkinson's, and I wittnessed first-hand for 5 years what is like to see this beautifully caring and loving woman turn into a shell of herself and not remember any-one; not even her own husband or children. To read a book that incorporates that really hit home for me. READ THE REST...

6. One book you wish you'd written:

Hamlet. I'm a Shakespeare freak, and Hamlet is my favorite play. If I could write that well...

7. One book you wish had never been written:

Aliyah06 said Mein Kampf. I'm going to disagree and going to say I wish that "The Protocols of the Elder of Zion" had never been written. It has done far worse damage in terms of its effects on the persecution of the Jewish People since it was written in the late 19th century. The majority of persecution of the Jews in modern times can be traced back to being influenced by this book. One of the greatest hoaxes of all times, it is believed to be true by anti-semites world-wide, and now Muslim/Arab countries mark this book, year after year, as a top ten seller. It is quoted throughout the Arab/Muslim world as the reason to attack, kill, and exterminate the Jews and "wipe Israel off the face of earth". Mein Kampf is also a very good seller, but it is The Protocols that have made far more influence on those that wish to kill us.

8. One book you're currently reading:

Arthur D. Morse's While Six Million Died. It is a chronicle of American and British apathy while 6 million Jews were led to their slaughter. It's chilling and it, along with "The Abandonment of the Jews" have given me a new understanding of the world, amongst other things that I won't go into.

9. One book you've been meaning to read:

Hmmmm.... The Clash Of Civilizations and the Remaking of the New World Order, by Samuel Huntington. I have it on the floor next to my bed.

I tag:
Am Echad
Rafi
Shlemazl
Irina
Greg

Technorati Tags: , ,

6 Comments:

At 2:31 AM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

What an interesting choice of books! Someone had already tagged me with this meme, but I'm in line for whatever meme's coming around next! : ) By the way, I love reading about serial killers and terrorism, as well.

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Oops, meant to ask, are there any particular books you'd recommend?

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger BHCh said...

Olah,

Thanks for tagging me :-) Irina tagged me a few weeks back: http://shlemazl.blogspot.com/2006/08/book-meme.html

You gave a great summary. I'll make sure I read John Douglas' Mind Hunter and The Letters of Jonathan Netanyahu.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Shlemazl, you will NOT be bored!!

Irina, what type of book are you looking to read? I have some great title if you want them.
-OC

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Well, you've mentioned some about serial killers, terrorism, etc. I'm pretty much open to everything, since I love to read, be it fiction or non! : )

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Irina, email me more specifics, and we'll talk.
-OC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home