Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Friday, September 01, 2006

Count-down To 9/11

Tomorrow is September 1st. It will be 11 days until the 5th anniversary of 9/11; a day where evil attempted to strike at the heart of freedom and humanity and failed to accomplish their goals. Besides the fact that I lived in New York City for 5 years and was in Manhattan for 9/11, I have also volunteered to participate in D.C. Roe's amazing and prolofic project to honor all 2,996 victims of The World Trade Center attacks by having a blogger post a tribute for each member. We were given a name of a hero that perished on that fateful day. By chance, or G-d's will, I will be honoring Lt. John R. Fischer, 46, a fire-fighter for the New York Fire Department. He was last seen going into the World Trade Center before it collapsed. It is unclear, or the information has been witheld, which Tower he was in.

In addition to this tribute, every day leading up to September 11th, I will be posting an article relating to that day. I will be posting some of my own experiences, thoughts, feelings, etc. I can't believe it's been 5 years since the most terrifying and intense day of my life. I can't even describe it, yet every second of every minute of every hour of that day stands out crystal clear in my head. I can see it even writing this now. It passes by in a heart beat. I have to admit that I still have nightmares about that day. It's funny since the nightmares didn't actually start until 2 years later. I would say they're rare, but when they happen, they're very intense.

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know what the plans are for the next week and a half.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home