Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Thursday, September 28, 2006

He Made His Choice

Well, my husband just called me to inform that Shmendrick was put to sleep this evening.

Apparently, he stopped eating and drinking yesterday morning and by this afternoon, was in pretty bad shape. My father-in-law saw that there was no choice. They called the vet, and he came over to the house, since there was no way to move the dog, and put him down. So, that's that. He made his choice. He decided he didn't want to go on any-more. I don't really know what to say now. I said I thought he had weeks to live. I really didn't think he had days. That's it. He's gone. He gave his family and my husband 14-15 years of a great life. He was an awesome dog. He will be missed. G-d sealed his fate this Rosh Hashana. Good-bye Shmendrick. I didn't know you for so long, but you were a great dog. Thank you.

6 Comments:

At 2:49 AM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

May his memory be a blessing.

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger BHCh said...

Sorry it had to be done. Right decision. Saved a lot of unnecessary suffering.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Thank you.
-OC

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Toto said...

We dealt with this last year. It's not easy any way it happens. thinking of you.....

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger westbankmama said...

Sorry to hear this sad news.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it.
-OC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home