Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I Hate My Doctor!!!

Well, I officially hate my doctor. I haven't liked him for a while, but now I really really don't like him. It's not that he's incompetent or anything. He's right in his diagnosis the majority of the time. I have these nasty white dots and a big yellow pimple in the back of my throat. Excuse the nastiness. I thought for sure that this was strep. At first, didn't even see the stuff! They're very obvious, and he couldn't see them. He thought I was making it up. Yeah, because the nasty feeling I have of not being able to swallow, and my gag reflex going into over-drive because I feel like something stuck back there is just my imagination. Regardless, after 5 minutes of moving the tongue depressor around every which way, he finally sees them. Then, to my surprise, he says these things are completely Takeen, "normal", and I don't have strep or any other bacterial infection. I was completely surprised, and thought my hebrew was a bit off. White and yellow pimples in the back of your throat are NORMAL??? I've never had them before. They hurt like hell. I can't swallow. My glands are extremely painful and sensitive to the touch, and all of this is Takeen. OK, whatever. So, I don't have strep. He says I have some sort of viral infection, and that the only way to get rid of it is with lots of rest and fluid. If the stuff doesn't go away by next week, I should come back.

I hate when this happens. If it was a bacterial infection, he could give me some anti-biotic, and I'd start feeling better within a couple of days. But, no, it's a virus, so there's nothing to do but wait it out and take some tylenol for pain. My biggest problem with viruses is I never get a fever, which is bad. It takes longer for me to fight off viruses. Whatever. That's not my problem. You might be asking, "So, why do you hate this guy again? Because, he doesn't give you the diagnosis you want?" No, not at all. It's his attitude toward patients. He's very impatient. he doesn't explain what he means. He sounds annoyed when it turns out to be nothing, like, "Why are you wasting my time with this?" But, then, he gets mad at you when you tell him your problem and how long it's been since the symptoms first started, and he asks you very sternly why you waited so long to come in. I say, "Well, I thought it was nothing, and it would go away in a day or two." That answers pisses him off the most. I don't know why.

It's simply very obvious that he's not very schooled in bed-side manners, and he likes to work by the clock, and not a second more. I think it's one of the problems with a socialized medical system, but I digress. One time, it happened to be, that I was his second to last patient of the day, and there was still a half an hour until the clinic closed. The doctors don't get paid over-time or per patient, so he rushed me into the office, told me to tell him the problem quickly, and he did a very quick and careless check-up and diagnosis. Then, he just wrote me out some prescription without telling me really what I had, or what it was for, and rushed me out of the office before I could ask any questions. Then, he rushed his last patien in, with 15 minutes left to spare, and was mad at her for coming so late, and as he closed the door, I heard him telling her to be very quick since the office was closing.

Unfortunately, I can't get a new doctor right now. This clinic is right down the block from me, and it's very convenient, and every-one else in there is very nice, especially the head receptionist. They're very kind and slow with me because of my hebrew, and it would be a pain to get a new doctor now since we're moving in another year. I'm just complaining right now, and this is my blog, so I'm allowed to bitch some-times, especially since I'm sick. There's so much I need to be doing right now, and I feel so nasty and lethargic, all I'm going to do is get back into bed, and sleep the day away. But, hey, at least, I got popsicles for my sore throat!

2 Comments:

At 1:55 AM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Oh, I've had that. Pretty annoying. Hope you feel better soon!

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home