Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

losing the will to write

As you can very well see I have been off the Blog radar for a few months now. With the combination of my new job and the aftermath of the War, I have lost my will to write in the past while. Even when I think I might have something to write I decide that I either have something better to do at the time, or I am just not in the mood to write about anything.

I think it's time to get back into shape. As anyone living in Israel knows the best time to do anything is "after the Chagim (holidays)" and well with Simchat Torah being this Saturday I guess my after the Chagim time is coming up.

Then come the question of what to write about?? Should I go back to writing all the political stuff that I normally write about?? Or maybe move my direction a bit. I am leaning towards the later since, well, I am kind of tired of the politics. This of course coming from the guy who is going into his 3rd (and Final) year of Poli-Sci + International Relations at Hebrew U. So it's not so much that I am tired of politics, just the ones that are going on in this country at the moment.

I decided that I am going to focus more on another subject I love so much, and that is this crazy loony country I live in, ya you know the Evil Zionist Entity that everyone loves to hate. But rather than defend my right to live in this country (that's what I have an M-16 for, and know how to use it), I will try to focus on the smaller yet, in my opinion, more important issues that surround my everyday.

Will it be interesting? I have no idea. Will it increase the number of readers on our Blog?? An excellent question, time will tell. Will it make the world love Israel more? I doubt it. So why the hell do it?? Well that's simple...
Because I truly believe (being the Crazy Zionist that I am) that Jews should live in Israel, and I think that there are many in the U.S. that don't move here because they fear this unknown reality. And I also truly believe that one of the ways to save the Jews in the world is to have them live here, and if that is the case - "Anyone who saves even one Jew, it is as if he has saved an entire world." Well I hope to be able to save a world or two.

So now that I got that over with - I actually have to sit down and start writing - but that will have to wait until next time.
Chag Sameach to all,
-Oleh Yashan

2 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

count me as looking forward to reading this new direction your'e taking.sounds good to me.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Thanks for the support. I'm thinking of following his lead.
-OC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home