Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Blessed By G-d

OK, I have a moral dilemma brewing within me. Here, in Israel, and all Jews around the world, say a prayer asking G-d to bring forth rain in the Holy Land, so that the crops may grow, and we can make a living and have sustenance. That's all well and good. In Israel, when it rains, all Jews are supposed to say Thank G-d for this rain. Keep it coming. That's all well and good. Today really marked the first day of the winter season. It's cold, windy, and very rainy. But, it's not down poring. It's that misty rain that the wind blows against your face, and it hurts.

Here's my dilemma. I want to thank G-d that it's raining. I am very thankful that the Kinneret is filling up, and the crops will have abundant natural water to feed off of. But, rain=cold and windy. I hate cold and windy. I want to have my cake and eat it too. I want the rain without the cold, but that would mean it would rain in the summer-time, and I hate rain in the summer. So, I'm having a hard time being fully thankful for the rain since it comes with the cold and the windy. I don't know what to feel. Should I being trying to force myself to feel fully thankful even if I don't fully mean it? Is it wrong to feel that way I do? Should I feel bad? I'm just not sure. Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home