Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!!! Ish...

Well, I rang in the new year exactly the same way I rang it in last year. I was writing a paper, and for the same exact teacher, ironically enough. Oh yeah, and I was watching some meaningless football. Both teams' playoff fates had been decided, so the game was really just an opportunity for the back-ups to get some playing time, and to just have a good time for the fans. The secular New Year isn't a big deal here, in Israel. In fact, it's commemorated in more of a solemn manner rather than with lots of parties and booze. Honestly, if you're looking for a good time on New Year's eve, this is NOT the place to be.

However, being that I'm such a good American, I want to wish every-one a very health and extremely happy new year. I hope every-one enjoyed last night's festivities nicely but carefully. I'm not going to make any resolutions, because... well... c'mon... they never actually work. I just hope this year will be better than last year. Looking back on 2006, I can't really believe everything that happened happened in only 365 days. It all seems like a dream. In any case, there is no time fore pessimism right now. As we lift our electronic glasses, I would like to make an electronic toast. I would like to wish all my fellow friendly bloggers much success in the next year. May we all get twice as many readers as we do now. May this year be a happier and less eventful year than last year, so that we actually have to think about what to write. I mean, tripling your readership due to a war is all well and good, but it's not something we actually WANT to be experiencing and writing about. So, here's to less eventful and more thoughtful writing. May we be writing about more happy occasions. Most importantly, may this year bring every-one health and happiness, and may we all merit only good things and the coming of Mashiach this year. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

2 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

Happy New Year! : )

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Texas Bankruptcy Nerd said...

Wow, you almost left Moshiach out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home