Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Goodbye Miss Hollywood

Well, my grandmother finally made her decision. After 97 years of glorious living, she decided that she had enough and passed away in her sleep last night. While it wasn't my birthday anymore in Israel. It was still my birthday in the States when she passed away. I've written about my grandmother's strength and amazing personality before, so I won't bore you with it again. All I can say is that the world is a bit emptier with out her in it. This was the Mitzvah Lady. She won the award more times than anyone else in Michigan. Until she was about 90 and could walk on her own, she would wake up at 5:30 in the morning, every morning, clean her apartment, then help all those in her apartment building who couldn't clean or shop on their own. She would walk over a mile everyday to keep fit. She was such a fiercely independent woman. She was way ahead of her time and put education and keeping Torah and Mitzvot above all else. She was my hero and role model. Growing up and for the rest of my life, I only aspire to be like her and live up to her standards. Being selfless, kind to others, helping those in need, keeping an open door, being an Eshet Chayil, always keeping a positive attitude no matter what the situation, laughing at life's little "jokes", raising a good and happy family, getting an education, and always keeping an open eye open to helping others.

She was all about her family and helping other people. She was a queen among all of us. She now returns to her husband, family, and Hakadosh Baruch Hu, whom she emulated with every fiber and action of her being. I'm glad it rainy and gloomy outside. I like to think the physical world is mourning the loss of such a spiritual being. It know it's a little dimmer than it was yesterday, and I don't think the world will ever see a woman like this again. Baruch Dayin Ha'Emet. Please, keep Rivka Miril Bat Funkel in your thoughts and prayers today.

4 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Michael said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Your grandma sounds like a great lady.

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

May the many wonderful memories of her always be a blessing and an inspiration to her. Baruch Dayin Ha'Emet.

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Avi said...

Baruch Dayan HaEmet

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Eitan Ha'ahzari said...

I'm sorry to hear about that, Olah. Sorry, too, that I haven't been very supportive, only thinking about my own needs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home