Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Post Vacation Traumatic Stress Disorder

Well, the husband and I returned from Eilat on Monday night, and I haven't returned back to normal yet. I was fine when we were driving back up to J-town, but as soon as I saw the rain and felt the cold, from being in the hot and dry only a few hours prior, it started to sink in. Vacation was over, and it was time to get back to regular life. That's when the PVTSD sank in. This is Post Vacation Traumatic Stress Disorder. The symptoms include intense sadness, bummed outitude, and a sudden desire to get back in the car and run back to the hotel from whence you just left. Oh yeah, it also includes the unrealistic belief that you could live the rest of your life just fine on vacation. This is not to mention the increased amount of "spacing out" that occurs, where you stare off into space at any given moment and think about and relive your vacation.

It's not Thursday evening, and I can honestly say that I'm still suffering from symptoms. Who knows how long my case of PVTSD will last. I'm guessing it'll be fully gone when it stops raining, it starts getting warmer, and I'm done with all of the papers I have left. It's interfering with my ability to work. It's terrible. Does anyone know of a cure for PVTSD?

Technorati Tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home