Welcome to Israel Rules!

Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Jaded

I don't have any clue if there's anyone out there who still reads my blog, but for those 1 or 3 of you out there that may still reading, you should know that I'm back in town, electronically speaking. I've been gone for quite a while now. There are many reasons for it, personally and politically.

Let's start with the personal first. I had my first child a little over 4 months ago. For all of you who have children out there, I don't have to tell you that trying to blog while taking care of a newborn is a bit difficult. By the time the little one gets to sleep, I'm just utterly spent and exhausted that writing anything coherent would be an immense challenge. Even writing now, I'm making so many spelling mistakes out of sheer fatigue that I'm wondering if it's even worth it. But, I have a need and desire to write again. While I was pregnant, I just didn't have that. I just really needed a break.

Secondly, the political factor. Anyone who's ever read my blog knows that I love to discuss politics, especially Israeli politics. However, for the past like 8 months or so, I've just been completely jaded about everything that's been going on here. It's just disgusted me to the point that I just couldn't write about that disgust. It's also gotten to the point where I just stopped watching the news or really even caring about what was going on in the country I live in. I mean, what was the point? We have a disgustingly corrupt government, led by a man who would sell his own mother to stay in power for one more hour, a man that is literally selling his country down the river.

My father-in-law likes to say, "One day, the Jews will have a country of their own." Israel is a country in peril that is sacrificing itself for a meager scrap of favorable public opinion in the world, a world that secretly, and mostly not so secretly, wishes they hadn't stopped Hitler from completing his work. Israel is a country that has no belief or fortitude in the concept of its own sovereignty. It is a country that still believes and acts like we are a people still living in exile under foreign rule that have to behave and do what we're told lest we suffer the wrath of another's dominance. We are living in dhimmitude even though we now have the guns, we now have the missiles, we now have power.

In any case, hopefully things will be different now. I may stay away from writing about politics while my feelings are like this. I feel that I want to shift to talking about other things, as well as about Middle East politics. It's a new blog, and it's a new day. I just hope there's somebody out there that wants to listen, or read actually, what I have to say.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger Cosmic X said...

Mazal Tov!

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Rafi G. said...

wow!! Mazel tov!!! I guess if you had to give up one (either the kid or blogging), you probably made the right choice... but I hope you thought about it!!! :-)

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Mazel Tov, and I very much hear that. It's one of the reasons I've turned away from a lot of politics, particularly Israeli politics, the past year or so. It's simply too frustrating. Welcome back!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Toto said...

Mazal Tov!! You've stayed on my reader and I've wondered where you were. Glad all is ok...

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Thanks for all your sentiments. I'm glad to know some people are still around!
-OC

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Chai18 said...

Mazal Tov thats awesome

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger SnoopyTheGoon said...

First of all, congratulations. Mazal Tov and all that.

Then, nice to see you are back. Take care!

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Lady-Light said...

You probably don't remember, but I commented on your blog when my middle daughter was at Hebrew U, in 2005-2006.
Nice to see you're back, and mazal tov on the birth of your child!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home